- It is not normal to leak urine, even in small amounts, during any activity.
- Normally, a woman will need to urinate only every three to four hours and should not have to get up at night to urinate.
- One in three women is affected by urinary incontinence, and more than 50% perform Kegel exercises incorrectly.
- A recent study (2008) confirmed low back pain was a significant risk factor for both urge and stress urinary incontinence and correlated directly with decreased pelvic floor muscle function.
- Physical therapy can reduce urinary urgency and reduce frequency of urination.
- We can significantly reduce or eliminate urinary leakage without surgery or drugs.