- Arthritis is the leading cause of disability and often leads to joint replacement surgery.
- Arthritis affects women three times more than men.
- A large part of a successful outcome depends on proper physical therapy after surgery.
- Proper physical therapy will include functional progression of exercise and activities tailored to the individual’s needs and goals.
- For best results, you may need more than a basic exercise routine to make sure you regain your optimum functional capability and quality of life.